Home Funeral & Death Care Midwife Training
Time & Location
About The Event
Home-based funeral celebrations bring death out of the shadows and into the light of life. To care for our loved one, by lovingly tending them in their own home, is a gift and remains an option for those who want to honor this important life transition. This three-day workshop provides an intensive introduction to home funerals and death celebrations. You will learn the practical, legal, and spiritual necessities for accompanying your loved ones along the journey of dying.
This workshop will cover:
- How to assist in creating a community of intimacy and honor prior to and after death
- KY State Laws concerning the family’s rights after the death of a loved one
- Documents needed for after death care
- Green options for the body after death
- Practical matters of tending a body after death
- Supplies used during a home funeral
- Providing support before death and beyond
- Creating a nurturing environment around the death transition
- Death Celebrations
- And much, much more…
This class is designed to help you assist your personal loved ones; more training is necessary if you wish to offer home funeral guidance in a professional capacity.
When the event is rescheduled it will follow the format below.
Friday, June 26 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Saturday, June 27 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Sunday, June 28 | 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Early Bird$450$4500$0
- Regular Price$525$5250$0