Festivities kick off October 7th!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- Sat, Nov 04UofL, Shelby Campus, Founders Hall
- Thu, Oct 19Bunbury TheatreOct 19, 2017, 7:00 PMBunbury Theatre, 604 S 3rd St #301, Louisville, KY 40202, USAThe beloved story depicts a young man's relationship with his mentor's journey with ALS presented by BIDF Community Partner Bunbury Theater. Let's Discuss! Join BID Festival organizers and members of the audience for community conversations following the October 8th and October 19th productions.
- Wed, Oct 18Norton Healthcare Marshall Womens HealthOct 18, 2017, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PMNorton Healthcare Marshall Womens Health, Medical Plaza 3 – Room 1B, 4123 Dutchmans Ln, St Matthews, KY 40207When a friend or family member is grieving the loss of a loved one, it can be hard for a supporter to know what to do. This interactive program will focus on practical approaches supporters can use to help the bereaved and what common missteps to avoid.
- Tue, Oct 17Simmons College of KentuckyOct 17, 2017, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PMSimmons College of Kentucky, 1000 S 4th St, Louisville, KY 40203, USAWhat do our faith traditions teach us about the spiritual meaning of death and dying? What can we learn from the ritual and practices (of our faith traditions} surrounding death? Hosted by BIDF Community Collaborator, The Center for Interfaith Relations.
- Sun, Oct 15Hosted in a Private HomeOct 15, 2017, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PMHosted in a Private HomeThe Dinner Party is a community of mostly 20- and 30-somethings who have each experienced significant loss, and get together over dinner parties to talk about it and the ways in which it continues to affect our lives. See below for details on how to join a table for The (Louisville) Dinner Party.
- Sat, Oct 14Safai CoffeeOct 14, 2017, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AMSafai Coffee, 1707 Bardstown Rd, Louisville, KY 40205, USAThe Long Before the End Book Group© uses storytelling and lively discussion to explore courageous living and to transcend fear of the end. Over 700 members around the country participate in the online forum. Here in Louisville, we are facilitating the first ever live book group meeting.
- Fri, Oct 13Christ Evangelical United ChurchOct 13, 2017, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PMChrist Evangelical United Church, 1228 E Breckinridge St, Louisville, KY 40204, USAHarry Pickens and friends will lead a thoughtful conversation history of musicians being trained to play for the dying and share their own experiences as well as some of their favorite songs.
- Wed, Oct 11St. Matthews Library - Eline BranchOct 11, 2017, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PMSt. Matthews Library - Eline Branch, Grandview Ave, Louisville, KY 40207, USAIf you or someone you know is affected by dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, this program is just what you need. It provides information on detection, causes and risk factors, stages of the disease, treatment, and much more.
- Mon, Oct 09Mid-America College of Funeral ScienceOct 09, 2017, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PMMid-America College of Funeral Science, 3111 Hamburg Pike, Jeffersonville, IN 47130, USADeath Cafes are an opportunity for people to gather, eat dessert, and talk about death. These events are not intended “to lead people to any conclusion” other than to increase awareness of death with a view of helping people make the most of their (finite) lives.
- Sun, Oct 08Bunbury TheatreOct 08, 2017, 2:00 PMBunbury Theatre, 604 S 3rd St #301, Louisville, KY 40202, USAThe beloved story depicts a young man's relationship with his mentor's journey with ALS presented by BIDF Community Partner Bunbury Theater. Let's Discuss! Join BID Festival organizers and members of the audience for community conversations following the October 8th and October 19th productions.
- Sat, Oct 07Eastern Cemetery
THANKS TO OUR COLLABORATORS
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
We'll keep you posted on BID Festival events and news.
(We'll never share/sell your info or overload your inbox.)
YOUR SUPPORT IS EVERYTHING.
The generosity of our donors and volunteers allows us to keep costs down as we work to curate the most meaningful BID Festival events for the Louisville community.